While the recipe calls for a cast iron skillet to cook it in it works great on a grill too!
1 ea. head cauliflower, trimmed but small leaves intact
8 -10 cups water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 ea. garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/3 cup tahini
3-4 Tbsp. ice water
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
2 Tbsp. Pomegranate molasses
2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
Sprinkle dried rose petals
- Bring water and salt to boil in large pot and place entire cauliflower head in pot and simmer about 8 minutes until stem slightly softened.
- Drain cauliflower head and cut in half
- Mix 1/4 cup lemon juice with 2 cloves minced garlic, oil, salt, cilantro and dried spices.
- Rub spice mixture all over cauliflower head halves.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on stove top (grill is great for this as well) and sear the cauliflower halves until crispy and part blackened. If not crisping well add a little more oil as depends on size of cauliflower.
- In a small bowl whisk tahini with ice water, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp salt.
- Plate the cauliflower and drizzle over tahini mixture.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, drizzle the pomegranate molasses and top with pine nuts, chopped parsley and dried rose petals.